Feeds

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Blog

In exploring a theme behind the title’s name, I looked at how the idea of the pursuit of the American Dream could be construed as a shady and highly misinterpreted concept. The wellness and economical mobility is not suitable for all simply because each individual is made differently. Some have the drive and use creativity in search of opportunities while others have no talent and lack the motivation to be engaged in the process. The dream is symbolic in that regard and not a privilege to all.

Another way to look at it is that we all have dreams regardless of who we are and where we come from. They are the powerhouse of our lives as they give us motivation and a sense of purpose. As human beings, we all strive to make the best of ourselves but in the process we have to abide to a complex set of rules in a highly competitive environment. We may lose the sense of humanity as we strive in a mad race to reach success. I find that the more sophisticated we become, the more limited we all are. That is just the nature of things and I have to keep on playing the game according to the rules. Despite the seeming endless stream of empty dreams, I recognize that life is really worth living and I shall embrace those dreams as the fuel of my own existence as I realize they set the stage for me to reach higher ground.

Images

All the images used to illustrate my texts were downloaded from the web. If you claim to be the owner of any of them and believe it is inappropriately used, please send an email to acouto58@hotmail.com, and I will promptly remove it.

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO